1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

what is going on??

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by specops70, Apr 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. specops70

specops70 Thread Starter

Hello.

HP Pavilion Athlon II x4 2.9. 10 RAM. 750 HDD. Radeon HD 5770. Razer Anansi keyboard. Razer Naga mouse.

OK short and sweet.

my grandson spilled coffee on my razer keyoboard not the mouse. i tried to turn it over and bang it gently on a towel to get any coffee out. as soon as i turned it over my son started to touch several keys at the sametime with his open hands. just pushing down on all keys. the comp froze and vertical lines showed up on the screen and then the blue screen of death came out. I turned it off and turned it back on. It would not turn on. I kept trying until finally it did. But then it would not let me log in. I kept putting in my password (yes i was putting in the correct PW) tried over and over until finally it let me in. then the razer would not work properly so I hooked up a dell keyboard and it worked fine. But my razer mouse would not scroll....why....i have no idea....the mouse did not get coffeee on it. the comp now runs slow and just works weird now. I turned it off last night to restore it in the hopes it would go back to working condition like it was before the coffee. (no coffee got on the comp). now it wont accept my password again. I have tried over and over and wont let me in. sometimes it tries to log me in. the little circle icon comes up like it logging me on ......but does not. What is going on? What can I do? thx.

:confused:

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Well
    who knows what settings were changed when random keys were pressed on an active keyboard. First thing you do is turn off the computer, remove the keyboard and deal with the liquid issue. Once you are sure it is completely dry, then you attach it and turn the computer on.

I'm not sure at this point what to tell you to do to try and undo the random key presses.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Those were my thoughts exactly.

You dealt with the issue with that computer still on and the coffee-drenched keyboard still connected to it.

You may need to reinstall Windows and get a clean start with that computer.

-----------------------------------------------------------

4. renegade600

renegade600

try going into safemode. Do you have issues there too?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!