1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What is going on?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by eriver004, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eriver004

eriver004 Thread Starter

HELP!!!:
    Don't know how or why but suddenly I can't defrag my C drive. As I try a message pop saying that I don't have enough free space to defrag. I have done disc clean up. delete all my cookies. have use CC cleanner with no results. I have also gone to my add/delete programs and delete some but still no space available.
    I also lost options in my desktop scren dispaly. I still able to connect to internet and surf but can not properly mantain my system.

ANY IDEAS?

2. Rick_in_Fla

Rick_in_Fla

How much space do you have available on your C drive? You need to have at least 15% free space in order to run defrag.

3. vicks

vicks

you might try running it is safe mode.....
    vicks

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Double-click MY COMPUTER, right-click the C icon and then click Properties.

When the colored pie chart appears, what does it list for the hard drive size, the amount of used space, and the amount of free space?

-----------------------------------------------------------

5. eriver004

eriver004 Thread Starter

Rick, Thanks for your help. to answer your question about how much space I have available the answer is 0%. I have try to clean it using disk clean up and no results at all.

6. eriver004

eriver004 Thread Starter

My pie show 0% available. Be advise that a tremendous ammount of windows updates has come thru and since I saw the % space decrese drastically. Any way to delete these updates without jeopardizing the integrity an securityn of the system.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!