What is going on?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eriver004

HELP!!!:
Don't know how or why but suddenly I can't defrag my C drive. As I try a message pop saying that I don't have enough free space to defrag. I have done disc clean up. delete all my cookies. have use CC cleanner with no results. I have also gone to my add/delete programs and delete some but still no space available.
I also lost options in my desktop scren dispaly. I still able to connect to internet and surf but can not properly mantain my system.

ANY IDEAS?

How much space do you have available on your C drive? You need to have at least 15% free space in order to run defrag.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Double-click MY COMPUTER, right-click the C icon and then click Properties.

When the colored pie chart appears, what does it list for the hard drive size, the amount of used space, and the amount of free space?

-----------------------------------------------------------

eriver004

Rick, Thanks for your help. to answer your question about how much space I have available the answer is 0%. I have try to clean it using disk clean up and no results at all.

eriver004

My pie show 0% available. Be advise that a tremendous ammount of windows updates has come thru and since I saw the % space decrese drastically. Any way to delete these updates without jeopardizing the integrity an securityn of the system.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online