1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What is key to know to be an I.T. person?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by dmichaelsppg, Nov 6, 2018.

1. dmichaelsppg

dmichaelsppg Thread Starter

I work for a company with 1000 real estate agents. I get people all the time asking me if I can help them out with their machines, which we do not currently offer as a service. We are discussing the possibility of adding this service but I wanted to know what you all think is a must in order to offer this service and charge for it?

Based on the things I get asked is to make their computers faster. I know how to tune up a computer and make it go faster but what else is worth learning about?

2. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

What you're talking about is Tier 1/close support. If you really want to get into this, the #1 skill you need is plenty of patience.

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

A Comptia A+ certification is usually asked for for tier 1 support people

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218817

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice