1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What is Lazyware?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by kc7brown, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kc7brown

kc7brown Thread Starter

Oct 1, 2004
    I found a really bizarre registry entry called "lazyware" with subcategories containing values like "bU5kw0ew4HmIU". A Google search listed a game called "Immortal Kombat", which I have never heard of.

Can this key be safely deleted and what is it?
  2. Couriant

Couriant James Trusted Advisor

Mar 26, 2002
    What's the full path to the registry value? I have some other hits too, one to Winamp.
  3. crymsntide

Apr 15, 2006
    I am not sure what it is, I have found it in my registry a number of times tho, and I delete the entire key whenever it is there. It doesn't seem to have any affect on any of my programs when I delete it from the registry,... Problem is, it always seems to reappear anywhere from a day to a week later..Then I delete it again. If anyone knows what in the he** this is, please let me know.

4. Uriel-TOF

Mar 17, 2006
    Lazyware is a type of shareware. It works only at certain times until you register it. For example, the application works great from Monday to Friday and them becomes lazy and refuses to work on weekends. Registered versions have no limits at all.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/356216