Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What is LSVICENT.EXE

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  happyguyz 
#1 ·
I have XP windows (home edition). Currently I notice my CPU is running full all the time. When open task manager, I notice there is this guy (LSVICENT.EXE and belong to System) keep my CPU running nearly 97% all the time. I don't know what this file is and what it does. Search the web with no result. Plz help. Can I turn this file off?

#2 ·
Hi happyguyz, Welcome to TSG !!
Go to start, run, type in msconfig
Then OK
Click the startup tab at top. Look for that there. It should give you more info there. If you could post what it is it would help. All you have to do is uncheck it, apply then ok. Reboot.

#3 ·
I only found one forum thread that mentioned this file, in Finnish... :D

And there wasn't even an answer... LOL

However, he appears to be complaining of the file using 99% CPU time as well.

Would you please do this;

Go to http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads.html , and download 'Startuplist' (in the "Startup Program Management" section).

Unzip, doubleclick it, and it will generate a text file that will list all running processes, all applications that are loaded automatically when you start Windows, and more.

Go to Edit > select all, copy it and please post the contents here.

#6 ·
Thz for your tip on startuplist software Tony. It helped me find out it's a dictionary services my bro. had installed last month.

The problem is that I can't stop or disable that service in the service list. (Cause windows XP crash every time I stop or disable). I have to uncheck its service in MSCONFIG log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.