1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What Is Missing File Viagart.vxd And How Do I Replace It

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KEITHWILL, Jan 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KEITHWILL

KEITHWILL Thread Starter

WHEN I BOOT UP MY COMPUTER I GET THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE,
    CANNOT FIND DEVICE FILE THAT MAYBE NEEDED TO RUN WINDOWS OR A WINDOWS APPLICATION.
    THE WINDOWS REGISTRY OR SYSTEM.INI FILE REFERS TO THIS DEVICEFILE,BUT THE DEVICE FILE NO LONGER EXISTS,IF YOU DELETED THIS FILE ON PURPOSE,TRY UNINSTALLING THE ASSOCIATED APPLICATION USING ITS UNINSTALLER OR SET UP PROGRAMME.
    IF YOU STILLWANT TO USE THE APPLICATION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS DEVICE FILE, TRY REWINSTALLING THAT APPLICATION TO REPLACE THE MISSING FILE.VIAGART.VXD.
    I THEN HAVE TO PRESS ANY BUTTON TO ALLOW MY COMPUTER TO BOOT UP.WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT DEVICE THIS MESSAGE PERTAINS TO AND HOW DO I UNINSTALL IT AND THEN REINSTALL IT.

2. deanas

deanas

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi Keith, welcome to TSG.

If you'll drop to lower case letters, it'll be easier to read your posts.

Do you have the cdrom that came with your computer and/or motherboard. It appears you need to reinstall the VIA drivers for your motherboard.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!