What Is My Problem?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kg4boe

I have a problem which has me completely baffeled!

I am doing some email correspondence with a friend in Belarus, which requires me to translate the Russian text into English, using a Translation Site on the Web.

Here is my problem. Emails that I receive at home will not translate. I get gibberish in the translated text window of the Web Site. Emails that I receive on my PC at the office will translate at that same Web Site.
Both machines are using the same version of windows (98) and I have the same settings on multilanguage support etc.
I am using identical default fonts and identical Email clients with
all settings the same.

NOTE: If I save the untranslated text in a document at my office PC and email that to my home PC, that text WILL translate. Also if I forward any email from my home PC to my office PC, that will also translate.

What in the world can the problem be???!!!!

Please, someone help!

kg4boe

Try choosing Tools , Windows update from your browser and download the latest language support as well as the latest security patches and service pack.I had a problem with Chineese language support and i had it loaaded on my pc however when i loaded it from Microsoft.com it worked fine.It just did not work when i loaded it on the fly(like when you get the message that says "Would you like to loaded chineese language support to view this page?")

kg4boe

Well... I tried your suggestion.
The problem still exists.
Thanks for the effort!!!

Anyone else have a clue?

kg4boe

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online