What is Python>

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Davec

Gone but never forgotten
And is it something I need or just another security and privacy risk HP put on my computer>

Python is a programming language, if you want to know more then visit here:

http://www.python.org/

With the limited information you have given as to your intentions regarding Python being on your system, I don't think anything more can be said than this. :)

Davec

Gone but never forgotten
If not needed I intend to remove it.

Davec

Gone but never forgotten
Thanks, that tells me more than I've found in my own searches. I'll track down the remnants of other HP software and then uninstall if it's still there.

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
Officer Dibble:

Thanks for that link. A comment from it:

Some Windows machines also have Python installed. At this writing we're aware of computers from Hewlett-Packard and Compaq that include Python. Apparently some of HP/Compaq's administrative tools are written in Python.

Now I know why my Compaq Presario SR5450F desktop with Vista Home Premium has Python 2.5. It's not in the Start menu or in the "Programs And Features" list. I discovered it after doing a scan with Revo Uninstaller for another reason.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Davec

Gone but never forgotten
I saw it when manually De-Crapifying my Cpmpaq. At least is was in Add/Remove which isn't true with all the preloaded HP junk.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online