1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What is RECYCLER?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by TheFamilyGuy, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheFamilyGuy

TheFamilyGuy Thread Starter

I did a Wincleaner search for junk files on my hard drive. It turned up about 50 files that look like this:

C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-226211202-2729608618-3652354941-1006\Dc(a three digit number beginning with 2 or 3).(FTS or GID or backup or BAK or $$$ or syd or tmp or old)

For example:

C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-226211202-2729608618-3652354941-1006\Dc316.bak

I tried to locate these, but I can't find them on my computer. Wincleaner deletes them, but they return right away (if I scan again they will be there) Anyone experienced this? What should I do?

2. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

I have the same thing, though the contents of mine reflects what is in my Recycle Bin. I am not sure if this is created by Windows or is a function of Norton AV - I have Norton but have disabled the Norton Recycle Bin.

Have you looked in the Recycle Bin?

MBN

3. TheFamilyGuy

TheFamilyGuy Thread Starter

Ya, I think your right. It's weird though, there were only a couple of those files in my recycle bin, but when I deleted those, Wincleaner stopped showing all 50 or so of them in the scan. Well, at least it's gone.

4. diamondnular

diamondnular

You could not see the Recycle bin as normal way. That is where window stores things to backup system. As soon as you install new software, the system will be backep up and stored in there. You could disable the function of backing up of window by going to My Computer - Properties - System Restore and Turn if off. That is also one way to decrease the size of recycle bin.

In order to view that is in recycle bin, you may want to use some software such as TotalCommander. Hope this helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224605

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice