What is SSDP Service?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Wet Chicken

Every time I boot up it says SSDP Service (SSDPSRV.exe) wants to access the Internet.

Is there anyway to find out what program this goes to?

Simple Service Discovery Protocol (SSDP) and General Event Notification Architecture (GENA) services for network plug and play functionality. Starts up a web server on port 5000. Used by Universal Plug and Play (for network device discovery). To remove this program, open Add/Remove Programs, select either Communications (Me) or Networking Services (XP), and remove the checkmark next to Universal Plug and Play

Wet Chicken

OK great guys! I guess my main concern now is could this be a trojan using a common file name, but Norton should be able to detect that when I run a virus check.

Thanks again :D

Originally posted by beekeeper:
Simple Service Discovery Protocol (SSDP) and General Event Notification Architecture (GENA) services for network plug and play functionality. Starts up a web server on port 5000. Used by Universal Plug and Play (for network device discovery). To remove this program, open Add/Remove Programs, select either Communications (Me) or Networking Services (XP), and remove the checkmark next to Universal Plug and Play
In other words, just one more thing trying to 'phone home'. This time brought to you by those friendly people that advocate 'Safe and Trustworthy Computing'. :D :D

Its disabled on both my w2k and xp systems and itr doesn't affect anything..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts