1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What is SSDP Service?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Wet Chicken, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken Thread Starter

Every time I boot up it says SSDP Service (SSDPSRV.exe) wants to access the Internet.

Is there anyway to find out what program this goes to?

2. john1

john1

what do you get from Ctrl, Alt, Del ?

3. john1

john1

Or you could try Process Viewer

4. panzer999

panzer999

5. john1

john1

Or maybe 'Quick view' would give you a clue.

6. beekeeper

beekeeper

Simple Service Discovery Protocol (SSDP) and General Event Notification Architecture (GENA) services for network plug and play functionality. Starts up a web server on port 5000. Used by Universal Plug and Play (for network device discovery). To remove this program, open Add/Remove Programs, select either Communications (Me) or Networking Services (XP), and remove the checkmark next to Universal Plug and Play

7. mobo

mobo

8. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken Thread Starter

OK great guys! I guess my main concern now is could this be a trojan using a common file name, but Norton should be able to detect that when I run a virus check.

Thanks again :D

9. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

In other words, just one more thing trying to 'phone home'. This time brought to you by those friendly people that advocate 'Safe and Trustworthy Computing'. :D :D

10. mobo

mobo

Its disabled on both my w2k and xp systems and itr doesn't affect anything..

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164343

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice