What is the best cables to use for a dvd player?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Pyrosx1

I have an RCA Scenium DLP HDTV, and a Sony DVP-NS300 DVD player. The Sony DVD player has several output methods in the back. I'm currently using a regular red white and yellow line out. There is also the following: Digital Out Coaxial and Optical, S-Video out, and Component Video out with plugs labled as Y (green) PB (Blue) and PR (Red). Which would give me the best quality with my tv?

Here is the DVD player
http://esupport.sony.com/perl/model-documents.pl?mdl=DVPNS300

Pyrosx1

i think the TV could take any of those I listed. What would be the best two to do if i could use any option?

No question, go with the component (Y Pa Pr). it will give you the best picture. Also dont spend a fortune on the cables. Any reasonable cable will do. I have bought some from pacific cables. You may get better answers at the avsforum.com. Though it may be too much.

Steve L

Pyrosx1

anyone disagree with slawless before i go shopping for the cables? also, you have to specifically have component cables, correct? you couldnt just take the Red White and Yellow cords and plug them in?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Sounds right to me. Unless your cables are really junk, buying the expensive "premium" cables will not give you any more quality, just less spare change. :)

Reading the the manual, I can see the advice from the posts is correct and will give you the best quality.
I also noticed there was no SKART socket which is how all our tv's, dvd's etc are connected in the UK and is an excellent system, is this something we only have in Europe? just curious.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If I knew what a SKART socket was, I could look for it! :D

SCART connectors (used in NZ occasionally as well) are just AV level signals, not anything that offers a significant advantage.

Most use of SCART is with a SCART to RCA cable to connect to non-SCART devices. I make my own, hence I know that its just plain AV levels.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online