1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What is the best free software for making a facial 3D model?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by SparkPlugBolt, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SparkPlugBolt

SparkPlugBolt Thread Starter

Hi,

I am looking for a free software that can be used to make a fairly accurate 3D model of your head and face. The program should be simple and intuitive and should be an offline one.

I have tried Autodesk 123D Catch. Its really simple, and easy but the problem arises when I start uploading the images. Since my net speed is really slow at 125 KBps, the uploading gets stuck.

I have also tried FaceGen Modeller, but their free version does not provide saving and exporting.

Faceworks from looxis is good and easy, but saved project files cannot be opened, and its not feature-filled.

Autodesk 123D Catch was the best, but since I cannot use that, can anyone suggest another best alternative program, for making a facial model out of photos easily, simply.

2. wowzer

wowzer

3. SparkPlugBolt

SparkPlugBolt Thread Starter

Oh lolzz, I thought I marked it solved.

Well, this is a little different. I am looking for an offline alternative to Autodesk 123D Catch that can turn photos to 3D model. And in that thread I was asking for in general for creating 3D model of head and not specifically about photogrametry of face.
    Maybe I should have rephrased the title of the thread.

4. wowzer

wowzer

But you're still looking for alternatives to turn photos into 3D models and be able to generate facial, hair, makeup etc. for free.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083957

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice