What is the best online backup solution?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Morthian

I've been looking into online backup solutions for my computer. I already use Google Drive, but I know that isn't going to help much if my files get corrupted due to malware or a failing hard drive since the corrupted versions of the files on my computer will simply overwrite the good files on Google's servers. Now, chances are that if a file gets quietly corrupted, I'm probably not going to notice right away. It might even take months or longer before I finally realize something has become corrupted, so file versioning is very important. I'm only looking to back up certain folders, definitely less than a terabyte total, and I have no issue with more complex user interfaces. I've been considering between IDrive or Backblaze, but I am open to other options. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Johnny b

John
Personally, I have more trust with backups I have physical control over.

External hard drives are relatively inexpensive.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
My operating system (only) is in a SSD
I have 2 internal HDDs to back up my Data .... as twins ...
And One HDD in a HDD enclosure connected via USB ..
The USB is only on when needed (when making triplicates) .. (Front panel power Switch)

Enclosure .... HDD backup software .... SSD OS Backup - and HDD cloning (when needed)
And I only use Western Digital Black series HDDs .. (with a 5 year warranty)

I assume my USB backup is hiding from ransomware ???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online