1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What is the best Software/Utility for total system-backup ( OS, HDD partition, )???

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by sahid, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sahid

sahid Thread Starter

Hi there,

:(Can any one help me, which one is the best Software/Utility for total system-backup ( OS, HDD partition, everything)??? Bcoz my child and internet viruses cause my PC always get some problem, then I had to install all the softwares, OS & restore data from my back up....it kills long time.

So pls advice me whih one is the best tool for system snapshot or image or system back-up to DVD or DVDs.

Sahid.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Many use Acronis True Image Home or Paragon Drive Backup. But the "best" is the one that has the features you want.

Backing up to another drive, internal or external, is a much better idea than DVD's. DVD's are slow and inconvenient, meaning that you will be less likely to keep backups current, while with extra drives, the backups can be made automatically.

Free Drive Cloners/Imagers:

EaseUs Disk Copy (Copies disks or partitions)
    XXClone
    CloneZilla GParted LiveCD (Complete partitioning and drive imaging/restoration tools)
    CloneZilla
    Partition Saving
    PCI CloneMaxx
    Drive Image XML
    HDClone
    DriveClonerXP
    Self-Image
    copyr.dma (Copies disk with bad sectors for recovery)

Commercial Apps:

O&O DiskImage
    Acronis True Image Home
    EAZ-FIX Professional and Easy Image
    Drive Snapshot
    Keriver Image
    Avanquest Copy Commander
    Paragon Drive Backup
    NovaBackup
    R-Drive Image
    Norton Ghost
    HDClone Pro or Enterprise
    Terabyte Image for Windows
    Terabyte Image for DOS (can directly access FAT, FAT32, and NTFS partitions)
    Spotmau Disk Clone & Backup

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/687724