What is the BEST video editing software?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

EnfoToad

Hi!
I have a Sony Digital Camera that connects via USB. What is the best free video editing software that I can use?

I would suggest 64 Studio, it's a distribution of Linux aimed at multimedia (sound, video, graphics) work, it's available in 32bit and 64bit versions. You would dual-boot it with whatever other operating system you're running right now. As for free video software for Windows, your options are a lot more limited. http://64studio.com/

Depends on what you want to do mate! If you plan importing video via usb (will lose in quality compared to firewire or Video Capture cards) then I don't know of software able to do this except windows movie maker.

If you don't plan on pro editing and just want to cut clips(doing the basic montage),add audio effects and simple transitions then stick with windows movie maker. Simple and light, it has everything a non pro user wants.

It is true that linux offers a wide variety of free applications with many features but if you do not need them then do not bother since linux require more "tuning" compared to what the average windows user is used to.

Another alternative that I know off, is the basic/home version of sony vegas. I do not use it much since I'm stuck with Premiere due to school issues but it is quite simple and far more advanced than windows movie maker. But you have to pay for it, I think it's price is about 80$.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online