Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What is the difference between MSN and IE 5.5

813 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SavvyLady 
#1 ·
Can some one tell me the difference between MSNetwork and Internet explorer 5.5. I understand from what I have read that MSN is a easy desktop that compares with AOL. IE 5.5 is an eplorer for more capable individuals Yea:confused:

I inderstand that MSN and hotmail does not work very well with IE even though they are supposed to be interfaced. How true is this. I would like to get underway as I am a beginner in computers and completely unsure of where i should be.

I have both icons on my desktop and use hotmail to get my mail, then some times I use outlook express and this does not always pick things up in my mail box? I can see there is a big difference between the two but how much ? Lastly in hotmail I have archived mail. Can someone tell me where this is situated on my machine ?

All the best
Les Naughton
Custardbandana@hotmail.com

#2 ·
MSN is a pay service that connects you to the Internet much like AOL. Internet Explorer is an application that allows you to navigate the WWW once you are connected to a service such as MSN. MSN works with IE to give you access to the World Wide Web. MSN, IE and Hotmail will all work well together since the are all either Microsoft products or owned by Microsoft.

I dont know anything about Hotmail archiving so I cant help you there.

#3 ·
Hotmail can be added to Outlook Express as well as your ISP mail ( POP ) can be added to hotmail .

they are interchangeable.

Savvy :)

archiving in hotmail ? you mean saving back mail? you use the folders you create in hotmail & Outlook Express, which OE is a little harder to setup properly. One thing about Hotmail I don't like is that you can't view HTML... like if someone sends you mail on stationary it appears to be plain & white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.