1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What is the easiest way to separate Windows Media Player library for two MP3 Players?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by AhrenBa, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

Hey Guys,

We have two MP3 players in our family that use Windows Media Player to sync music with. These are the Sansa e250 and the Sansa Clip.

What is the simplest way (in windows media player) to designate which songs go to which devices? Obviously each person has different tastes in music, and do not want the exact same songs as the other. This is what I am trying to figure out.

How can I tell certain songs to only go to certain devices? Thanks!

2. stantley

stantley

I also have the e250 and I've been using Musicmatch to load it up, so I'm not exactly sure how it works with WMP, but what I do is edit a playlist to get the songs I want and determine the size in MB then drag-and-drop it in. Use different playlist for each player.

3. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

Ah! That makes sense. So, essentially, you just create a playlist with all the songs you want, and drag the playlist over?

4. stantley

stantley

Yes, that should do it. I was looking at WMP 10 and it looks like you go to the Sync section, create a playlist, hit sync and it should copy the files to the player.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/664670