1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What is the most reliable format for video?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by lightnb, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightnb

lightnb Thread Starter

Hi,

I am doing a multi-media presentation for an audience in two weeks. I am trying to determine which format would be best.

The video needs to be smooth, of a high quality, and the audio needs to be synchronized with the Video.

I made the opening animation using Adobe After Effects, which gives me three main export options: AVI, Quick time, and Shock-wave Flash.

The problem is, with all of them, the audio and video tracks are not synchronized. So, you hear the thunder crash BEFORE you see the lighting, which makes no sense.

My other options are to output to DV via fire-wire, or burn to CD/ DVD.

The other issue is, it needs to be interactive. I have to be able to click next, and go back if necessary, in a fashion which is similar to power-point.

(Of course I can't use power-point, due the the AV limitations of the program.)

So it really comes down to flash...

Is there a way to pre-buffer video so that it "knows what it's doing" before it starts?

I exported the file to AVI, which is decent (but as I said earlier, the Audio and the video aren't in sync). In this format, it takes 1.65 GB

Which is three times the amount of physical RAM i have installed (512).

If anyone has any ideas about this let me know.

I don't care how large the file is, or how long it takes to load, as long as it's plays straight through, CONSISTENTLY, every time.

One more question, Can I make a CD-R with inter-active content play on a DVD player?

(I don't have a DVD burner, but I could access one if necessary.)

Thanks for any assistance,
    Nick M. Rahl

2. Fredledingue

Fredledingue

To resynchronize avi, use Virtual Dub.
    See link:
    http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/guides.htm

To avoid giga files use DivX (use 50 as keyframe interval for easy back and forward seeking)

You could have short avi movies in a player supporting playlists.
    Like BS Player.
    Make a separate video file for each sequence you want to repeat or jump, and add them to the playlist.

3. lightnb

lightnb Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169685

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice