what is the name of this cable

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Atchzien

hey all if you could help me out i'd appreciate it. what is the technical name for the orange, green, black audio cable that connects from the three corresponding orange, green, and black ports on your sub-woofer to line in, headphone, mic in on your p.c when connecting a 5.1 surround system. one of my dogs ... destroyed it :mad: and i need to get a replacement and i have no idea what to search on radioshack.com for. thanks for your help in advance.

The cable will not have a specific "name" it will be an audio cable that has the required plugs.

Typically the PC end are 3.5mm stereo jacks, but as to what your sub-woofer has at that end would depend on the subwoofer. But it will be probably the same 3.5mm stereo jacks?

So now you have an non functioning Subwoofer, and an severely chastened Woofer?

Atchzien

well, you seem to know exactly what im talking about. and yes the cable im referring to does have identical 3.5mm stereo jacks. but not only does my sub-woofer not work without it my speakers are useless too, because its for front, rear, and center speakers as well. so the only audio i have at the moment is a set of cheap in-ear headphones which after about an hour of gaming become pretty painful. so do you think i could find this cable somewhere without having to buy a new speaker set, i've looked at radioshack, wal-mart, best buy, and even the AAFES BX, plus their websites. can you think of anywhere i havent looked? nice pun btw lol.

Atchzien

thanks alot for the help i just did a search for 3.5 mm stereo jacks and found a site called sfcable.com where i promptly ordered 3 male to male 3.5 mm stereo jack 6 ft long cables
woulndt have found it w/o your help thank you

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online