1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

what is the name of this cable

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Atchzien, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Atchzien

Atchzien Thread Starter

hey all if you could help me out i'd appreciate it. what is the technical name for the orange, green, black audio cable that connects from the three corresponding orange, green, and black ports on your sub-woofer to line in, headphone, mic in on your p.c when connecting a 5.1 surround system. one of my dogs ... destroyed it :mad: and i need to get a replacement and i have no idea what to search on radioshack.com for. thanks for your help in advance.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The cable will not have a specific "name" it will be an audio cable that has the required plugs.

Typically the PC end are 3.5mm stereo jacks, but as to what your sub-woofer has at that end would depend on the subwoofer. But it will be probably the same 3.5mm stereo jacks?

So now you have an non functioning Subwoofer, and an severely chastened Woofer?

3. Atchzien

Atchzien Thread Starter

well, you seem to know exactly what im talking about. and yes the cable im referring to does have identical 3.5mm stereo jacks. but not only does my sub-woofer not work without it my speakers are useless too, because its for front, rear, and center speakers as well. so the only audio i have at the moment is a set of cheap in-ear headphones which after about an hour of gaming become pretty painful. so do you think i could find this cable somewhere without having to buy a new speaker set, i've looked at radioshack, wal-mart, best buy, and even the AAFES BX, plus their websites. can you think of anywhere i havent looked? nice pun btw lol.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

No idea on those stores, but in NZ I would just buy 3 of these:

DSE Cable 3.5mm Stereo Plug - 3.5mm Stereo Plug 2m
    http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/C1158

It can be 3 separate cables. Probably will have to be now.

A 3.5 mm stereo male/male audio cable should be very easy to find, just buy 3 of them.

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The prices in that link are $NZ by the way. Much less in US.

6. Atchzien

Atchzien Thread Starter

thanks alot for the help i just did a search for 3.5 mm stereo jacks and found a site called sfcable.com where i promptly ordered 3 male to male 3.5 mm stereo jack 6 ft long cables
    woulndt have found it w/o your help thank you

7. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Glad to help!

Hope the dog is ok...

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538417

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice