1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What is this caused by???

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by izanaki, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. izanaki

izanaki Thread Starter

I got this strange error regarding my memory.

My machine is overclocked but I have my memory divider at 1.66 which causes it to run at 373mhz.

My CPU on the other hand seems to be running smoothly when ever I use it.

I just came over to my computer this morning and found that it was turned off. So I checked the event log and found the following error recorded. Please see attached file.

Computer specs

AMD Opteron 170 2.0ghz @ 2.5ghz
    2 dimms of 1GB SAMSUNG DDR 400 memory @ 373mhz
    Asus AV8 DELUXE Mainboard
    Windows XP Pro x64bit edition

Attached Files:

2. devil_himself

devil_himself

Navigate to C:\windows\minidump
    Zip some of the recent minidumps and attach them here [If Found]

3. izanaki

izanaki Thread Starter

here you go.

Attached Files:

4. devil_himself

devil_himself

Your minidumps are crashed at different symtoms and this is symptom of hardware error.I believe that the culprit is faulty ram.

Suggestions
    1.Run "memtest" to stress the ram. If memtest reports the ram is faulty, ram is bad. Sometimes some faulty ram can pass memtest .Reset the memory stick to another slot.If You have More then one Stick of Ram Take out one memory stick And Run "Memtest" on each separately . If windows does not crash, the removed memory stick is faulty.

2.Check the temperature of the CPU and make sure that it is not overheat. Make sure that the CPU fan works properly . Try Changing It

3.Clean the dust inside the computer case

4.Make sure that your PSU have adequate power For all the hardware.

5.Update video Card Drivers. Also Reset video card. Run 3DMark to test your video card. Check to default setting if you video card is "overclocked"

6.Upgrade BIOS

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648516

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice