What is this folder?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

9Dad

In XP, what is the folder C:\Documents and Settings\DAD\jpi_cache?
My anti-virus program found virsuses (JAVA_BYTVERIFY.A & JAVA_STARTPAGE.D) in various files in this cache. They were in the .....\jpi_cache\jar\1.0 subfolders and the anti-virus program could not remove them. I had no trouble removing them by manually deleting the affected files. However, I am curious what the jpi_cache is.

They are java plugin cache files and are quite safe to delete as you have done, as they are recreated

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online