What is this "hissing" noise comeing from my graphics card?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Yoshibo

Whenver I am not currently in a program that uses a high percentage of my gpu, it makes this loud, quite audible, high pitch hissing sound as you can hear in one of my YouTube I created https://youtu.be/Uv5m_nZi7K4 And I wish I could know what could be causing this.

Last edited:

crjdriver

I did not click your link since most people do not like to click on unknown links.
What you are describing is most likely coil whine. Common to a LOT of video cards.
This issue is sometimes caused by the pw supply. If you have a low end pw supply ie corsair cx, antec or other low to mid-range pw supply, you can try swapping in a seasonic and see if that helps. Sometimes it does and sometimes you have to live with the problem.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online