1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What Is This !!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by n00ber, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. n00ber

n00ber Thread Starter

I was looking in my application date folder and found this strange file..anyone knows what is this??

THANKS

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Looks to be something for wireless...is that how you connect?

3. ReNxWar

ReNxWar

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  5. iaavagent

iaavagent

Will clicking on properties,and then version give any info on who, what etc?

6. steve65

steve65

Ah, so your the one keeping those idiots at X10 in business! Haven't you had enough of pop up ads yet?

Looks like a baby sitter cam and vcr setup. Records only when there is activity. Now the question is...... If you didn't install the camera and vcr - who did? Where is it setup? What are they hoping to see?

I smell trouble!

Steve

7. n00ber

n00ber Thread Starter

I REALLY DONT KNOW HOW DID IT APPEAR THERE, AND THERES NO INFO ON PROPERTIES!! i connect through DSL i dont have nothing wireless in my computer,

Thanks

8. steve65

steve65

Noober,

It is software that connects one or more x10 spy cameras to a remote VCR. It requires a camera, vcr, and a motion sensor. Do you have these things installed at your home? Is there a reason someone would have installed these items in your home? Like Security? Or, for more troubling reasons?

It is not the software itself that I would be concerned with, it is the fact that this software is used to control mini cameras that are easily hidden, to a remote VCR that can also be hidden anywhere.

Steve

9. iaavagent

iaavagent

It might be a good idea to run HJT and post it to this thread to see if anyone can tell anything further about it. Just might provide some more clues to it all. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216334

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice