1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What is TimeStamp?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by 4deucer, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 4deucer

4deucer Thread Starter

Last night I forgot and left my system turned on. This morning AVG7 gave me a Warning Interruption saying that Windows\System32\shell32.dll and Windows\System32\kernel.dll had changed. When I looked into the details of what had changed, the explanation was "TimeStamp, August 13, 11:28pm."

This appears to be some kind of change to my system, but I have no idea what "TimeStamp"
    is related to, but more importantly, whether or not it's harmful. :confused:

Any constructive help will be greatly appreciated. :)

Thank you!

4deucer

2. joe snuffy

joe snuffy

3. 4deucer

4deucer Thread Starter

Thanks js. I could not understand how the wikipedia article relates to my inquiry, but I certainly appreciate your fast response.
    You mentioned that you were curious about the TimeStamp, too. If I may ask, what piqued your curiosity? Have you run across something similar?

4deucer

4. joe snuffy

joe snuffy

I have seen alot of it working with kerberos, that uses a timestamp so you can access a server for a certain amount of time, until your password expires. Your question is in a different area, and I will keep an eye on this thread so I can maybe learn a little bit about it myself.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/492392

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice