1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

what is windows/system32/zonelabs/vsmon.exe

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Gaston, Feb 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gaston

Gaston Thread Starter

Can someone please tell me why my comp tells me I'm missing this file and exactly what this file is:

windows/system32/zonelabs/vsmon.exe

2. jbcalg

jbcalg

vsmon - vsmon.exe - Process Information
    Process File: vsmon or vsmon.exe
    Process Name: True Vector Internet Monitor
    Description: The True Vector Internet Monitor is a component of the ZoneAlarm Personal FireWall which monitors internet traffic and generates alerts
    =================================

part of the Zone alarm firewall system

try reinstalling the software

most times a proper uninstall is needed before a new install

see the ZA site for details: http://www.zonelabs.com

3. Jeerajat

Jeerajat

Ok the above is correct make sure u uinstall fully then install again. This should install the file. Also make sure ur the Administrator if you r running win 2000.

4. Holly3278

Holly3278

Here's something that is likely to help you. At least I hope so. Zonelabs is a common company that manufactures computer utilities. One of the more popular of those programs is ZoneAlarm, a firewall that can be used on any computer. Here's how to go about fixing the problem:

1. Check your file for any products listed on this website: http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp

2. Once you have discovered what the program is that you have installed from this company, reinstall the program. It would be best to uninstall the program first. Doing a reinstall will replace the missing file and all should be fine.

I cannot guarantee that this solution will work but in my many years of computer experience, I have experienced missing or corrupted files myself. Usually this problem is resolved by figuring out which program is associated with the missing or corrupted file and then reinstalling that program. However, I will tell you beforehand that there are some cases in which merely downloading the file and putting it in the correct directory will work. However, this requires slightly more expertise in this area and I do not recommend this unless the program no longer exists on the computer. Hope this helps.

5. yellenellen

yellenellen

how do u reinstall when u cant get on line to do it ?

6. Holly3278

Holly3278

You have someone else go online on a different computer or you go online on a different computer, download the installation file for ZoneAlarm and then burn the installation file to a CD-R or a CD-RW. Take the CD-R or CD-RW to your computer and reinstall the ZoneAlarm.

Anyway, why can't you go online? I suppose that ZoneAlarm is preventing you from connecting right? If so, there is a way where you can open up ZoneAlarm and go to the place where it lists the programs and find your ISP and then make sure that ZoneAlarm is set to allow it to connect to the Internet. I don't have ZoneAlarm anymore so I can't give you specific instructions as I don't remember what everything is like in ZoneAlarm. Also, I'm pretty sure there is a way to manually add programs to the list in ZoneAlarm and you may have to manually add your ISP's program so that you can connect to the Internet. If you can get that working then you should be able to go online and download ZoneAlarm. Also, another option would be to uninstall ZoneAlarm and see if that lets you go online. This is of course assuming that the reason you can't go online is because ZoneAlarm is preventing you from going online. Hope this helps!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116716

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice