What keystroke program is on my computer?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

janicev25

How do I find out what keystroke monitoring program is on our computer? I looked through all the programs but nothing looks familiar. I'm not sure if my password will work since my husband controls all of it but it's worth a try. Of course, searching will have to be at a minimum since he monitors the keystrokes. :confused:

Welcome to TSG!..
Woh! He's using a key logger on his wife?..
What's the point of that?.... Kids?

What you are describing is what is known as a Key Logger. It's virtually impossible to find them as they are designed to be hidden from view. The only way to reveal and erase them is to install a program such as A2 ( A-sqared) or Spybot. There are quite a few of programs like these which will do the trick but the trouble is you won't be able to disguise the fact that you installed them in the first place.

janicev25

my husband showed me how to access it once but i've forgotten, could it have been and icon with a V shield or Zone Alarm?

To be honest Janice I think your hubs is trying to wind you up.
Do you frequent chat rooms etc, there's something amiss here.
Wolfey detects an odour of fish.

janicev25

No hanky panky here, my life's an open book to him. He's the one with secrets. The worst Ive done that he called me on was calling him a schmuck in one of my emails.

Yeh, you need to find and kill that key logger...
He doesn't need to spy on any one... Maybe if you had kids surfing bad places, but not his wife..

Ok
One night when he's on the net ask him to type this into the browser bar at the top ok.

C:\

If he refuses ask him to type this into the browser bar.

C:\Program Files

This will confuse the hell out of him and make him wonder where you have got the knowledge to state these commands.
(y)
Wolfey

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online