Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What keystroke program is on my computer?

4K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  lotuseclat79 
#1 ·
How do I find out what keystroke monitoring program is on our computer? I looked through all the programs but nothing looks familiar. I'm not sure if my password will work since my husband controls all of it but it's worth a try. Of course, searching will have to be at a minimum since he monitors the keystrokes. :confused:

#4 ·
What you are describing is what is known as a Key Logger. It's virtually impossible to find them as they are designed to be hidden from view. The only way to reveal and erase them is to install a program such as A2 ( A-sqared) or Spybot. There are quite a few of programs like these which will do the trick but the trouble is you won't be able to disguise the fact that you installed them in the first place.

#14 ·
Ok
One night when he's on the net ask him to type this into the browser bar at the top ok.

C:\

If he refuses ask him to type this into the browser bar.

C:\Program Files

This will confuse the hell out of him and make him wonder where you have got the knowledge to state these commands.
:up:
Wolfey

#18 ·
janicev25 said:
How do I find out what keystroke monitoring program is on our computer? I looked through all the programs but nothing looks familiar. I'm not sure if my password will work since my husband controls all of it but it's worth a try. Of course, searching will have to be at a minimum since he monitors the keystrokes. :confused:
I have the program Snoopfree: http://www.snoopfree.com (freeware)

I run WinXP Pro SP2 and have discovered that when I login to my dial-up ISP account, my ISP tries to hook into the keyboard (one of low level way a keylogger works) with its control panel and mail client software - I simply denied them.

Some folks running Win2k PCs have had some problems, so if you have a problem just use the Control Panel Add/Remove list to remove it.

-- Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.