What kind of connecting lead do I need to play a computer through a Bush DV3 tele?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jympton

Er, what kind of connecting lead do I need to play a computer through a Bush DV3 television? Sorry to be a bit vague, but I only have the description of the television set. Any help much appreciated!

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi and welcome to TG.

What video inputs are available on the TV and what video outputs do you have available on the computer?

Jympton

Thanks for replying. The input on the television LOOKS like an Rs-232 port, but I could be wrong (I ain't too hot n this stuff!). It's quite an old set. The computer has a normal usb output and s-video.

Thanks again!

cwwozniak

Chuck
A VGA video connector looks like a small RS-232 connector but with three rows of pins:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:VGA_connector_Δ0052.jpg

If you have that type of connector on both the computer and TV, A VGA cable may be all you need.

If the TV has a different connector, could it be a SCART connector:
http://www.yourdictionary.com/computer/scart-connector

If the TV has an RCA phono jack for an input you might be able to get an S-video to composite video adapter cable to work for you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online