what kind of wire does a boom box use?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

techguy41

i need to extent my wire on my boom box, what kind of wire does a boom box use?

please help

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If you're talking about speaker wire, #16 lamp cord makes a decent extension. If you want the best option, I'd use shielded #16 wire.

techguy41

ya i saw it, but he said 16 and lamp wire, what kind is on it when you buy a boom box

Each make and model usually use whatever they use, they differ. The question therefore has little sense, there is no answer for such a broad question.

As long as the conductor size used is appropriate it matters little. You have been given an appropriate size.

Often the cable details are inprinted onto the insulation along the length.

That means its rated at 105°C and 600 volts
But it does not give the conductor size. But you have been given a suitable size already.

techguy41

kiwiguy said:
That means its rated at 105°C and 600 volts
But it does not give the conductor size. But you have been given a suitable size already.
there is more on the cable, do you want it?

here it is:

AWM 2468 VW-1 80°C e114082 AWG22 CHAU's CSA Type AWM 300 Volt

what is this? what kind of wire do i need?

also, i looked up AWG22 and that is a type of 22 gage wire, is that what i want?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The lower the gage of the wire, the better it is for speakers. Speakers are low impedance, high current devices, so wire size is critical for maximum quality.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online