1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What laptop should I purchase

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by april091010, Sep 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. april091010

april091010 Thread Starter

Hello,
    Last March, I purchased an HP stream with 4GB Memory, 32GB eMMC Storage. I was not aware that a common issue in the laptop is that all the restore points use up basically all the storage. I have no room for anything on my laptop, I cannot update it, and trying to use the thing is pretty much useless because it's slower than a snail, and it won't allow me to reset it because I don't have enough storage. I even tried an external hard drive, but I can't install the software, so...here I am.

I was looking to purchase a new laptop, but I don't want to run into the same problem. I was looking at the Lenovo ideapad 330 15.6" Laptop, Windows 10, Intel Core i3-8130U Dual-Core Processor, 4GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive one. I only need it for basic stuff. Homework, some internet browsing, etc. Would I end up with the same issue? What are your suggestions. I don't need anything fancy and I'm looking to spend only about $300, give or take.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

Almost any new laptop could do what you need, including that Lenovo 330. If you want some other recommendations tell us how much you want to spend.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  3. april091010

april091010 Thread Starter

Not much, no more than $400, I just need it for the basics I posted above.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216823

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice