what mobo will work best with the p4 630?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bball_1523

intel Pentium 4 630 Prescott 800MHz FSB 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 EM64T Processor - Retail

Before I speak, I have made a final decision to purchase intel, so please do not recommend that I go with AMD.

So I am wondering what mobo to get with this processor?

Here are a few ones that I found:

1) ASUS P5WD2 Premium Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 955X ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

2) ASUS P5LD2 Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 945P ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

3) ASUS P5LD2 Deluxe Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 945P ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Questions that I have:

1) If it says DDR 2 800 as the DDR2 standard, does that mean I can use DDR 2 533 1 GB ram, but can upgrade up to DDR 2 800?

2) Do I really need a firewire device on my mobo?

3) Are there other motherboards that I should look after?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online