What monitor do you use for gaming?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MickinDevon

Hi, some games only display in 1024x768 minimum, but their text and graphics look so small on my 17" monitor that I get eyestrain and have got to get a bigger monitor.
I think LCD's have replaced CRT's nowadays, so I think a 22" LCD would be fine, but shall I get a square screen one or a widescreen?
I only want it for playing games and flight simulations, nothing else.
Wouldn't a widescreen stretch the picure out and make it look funny?
What sort do you all use?
Thanks

SAMSUNG 2253BW is very good monitor with 1680 x 1050 and b response time ,you can have a look at it.

I'm using some Dell 19 inch LCD. I have plans on purchasing a new 22 in the future.

Widescreen or normal is a personal choice. Widescreen doesnt stretch th epicture, it just gives a different shape. If it did stretch it, no one would use it<g>. remeber that the GU outputs a signal to whatever the screen res dictates, so in widescreen you tend to be able to see a bit more than you would on a standard. The trick is to remeber its not like a TV, where you have a set number of lines, but its a monitor, which can change to whatever you want.
As for size, its personal choice. I use a 24" Acer most of the time on 1900 x whatever, but a 20" would probably be more than enough after a 17" !. I would suggest you check it will work with your rig first though- the only things to watch are the input (VGA or DVI) really. :)

MickinDevon

Thanks guys, my best bet is to try to do a "refund if unsuitable" deal with the shop so i can take it back if i have to.
PS - Have all widescreens got a 4:3 option?
If they have, I can shrink the pic to that size if I don't like the widescreen display.
I want it purely for gaming and flight sims, not for watching films and stuff.

if you are concerned about things like text size take this into consideration. A 17" LCD typically has a native resolution of 1280x1024, a 19" one usually has the same so text will be bigger on the 19" when you are running at native ..... which you want to do as LCD images degrade quickly when run at something different, they just don't scale as well as CRT's do

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online