1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

what on earth is this

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Honey2aB, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Honey2aB

Honey2aB Thread Starter

This just started popping up on my screen when my computer starts up. I shut if off for the night and turn it on in the a.m.

a required .DLL file, XMLPARSE.DLL, was not found.

I have this question buried in amongst my system restore question, but I don't think it should be there so I put it here. I know I shouldn't be asking the same question in 2 different places. Please forgive me. It's just that when I rebooted my computer just now, there it was and I thought "jeez, I should have this question by itself, not somewhere mixed in with something else." Sorry.

2. griffinspc

griffinspc

3. griffinspc

griffinspc

4. Honey2aB

Honey2aB Thread Starter

Thanx griffin. I don't use Yahoo messenger. Had it at one time but deleted it a while ago. This message just showed up this morning. I went to the site you suggested to remove it. That was easy. Thanx a bunch. :D

5. griffinspc

griffinspc

You're welcome. I'm having a good day. :D

6. griffinspc

griffinspc

PS: If you have it I'd run AdAware with the latest signature files. If you don't have it you can get it here; http://www.tucows.com/preview/236049.html

In my experience things just don't start running out of the blue.

Just a thought and can't hurt even if this wasn't started my AIM or Yahoo adware.

7. Honey2aB

Honey2aB Thread Starter

Hi again. You'll love this. After I did all the deleting for the aim stuff. My DD came home from school, looked at the computer, then asked me.."did you delete all the stuff from AIM?"

Apparently, she had downloaded instant messaging from AOL. Some of her friends are on it. I'm assuming AIM stands for aol instant messaging??

I was under the impression that if you didn't have your computer hooked up to AOL, which is a phone line, that you couldn't IM with someone whose computer is hooked up to cable. We, being the cable.

When we first got the computer they give the 3 month free thing from AOL, so you take it. I was able to chat with a friend, then we switched over to cable and that ended that. Have things changed?? :confused:

8. Honey2aB

Honey2aB Thread Starter

Oh, forgot. I do have AdAware, thanx.

9. griffinspc

griffinspc

Nope, don't need to be an AOL customer thank God! Must have been an interesting discussion :D

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224287

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice