1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What paper setting saves ink?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by robbbb, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robbbb

robbbb Thread Starter

Hello
    I am trying to print colorful pics on semi glossy paper. I understand the settings that say draft, fine etc but when it says "paper type" like super glossy photo, ink jet or plane paper it doesn't make a visual difference but does one of these paper type settings save on ink? I will be using the same paper but does the glossy setting use more or less ink than the plain paper setting and so on?
    Thanks
    Rob

2. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

If you are using semi glossy, you really need to be off of draft. This is more for black and white or text, where fainter images dont matter. If you are just testing, use normal plain paper and set paper type to match. Generally, any treated paper will use more ink (only slightly) as the droplets need to be more precise.
    Whichever type of paper you use, you do need to set it to that paper type. Using a different one changes the settings the printer uses, which means the quality will not be as it should be :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700493

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice