What PC parts are compatible with each other?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Uchi8a

I was planing to build a PC next year.
But I am a noob at building them so I dont know whats Compatible with what.
Could someone Please help explain what Brands and parts go with each other.
Thanks

crjdriver

First and foremost, before you start getting a parts list, you need to decide what cpu ie AMD or Intel. After that, you can select a motherboard, ram, etc.
Right now, AMD Ryzen cpus have incredible performance however [IMO] ryzen is NOT for a new or inexperienced builder. With intel, you can purchase parts put it together and it works just fine. Ryzen needs a LOT of tuning in the bios before it works well.

Just as an example, I have two personal systems here; an intel 7600k [overclocked to 4.5gig] and a Ryzen 1700X [overclocked to 3.9gig] On single core benchmarks, the intel has a slight advantage [not surprising since it is clocked quite a bit higher] On multi core benchmarks, Ryzen blows the intel out of the water. It is like intel should not even have come to the party. On cinebench cpu test, the ryzen system doubles the score of the intel system.

Next it really depends on what you intend on doing with the system. A gaming system needs different parts than a system that is just going to be used for email and web access. In addition, you need to post you budget.

Uchi8a

First and foremost, before you start getting a parts list, you need to decide what cpu ie AMD or Intel. After that, you can select a motherboard, ram, etc.
Right now, AMD Ryzen cpus have incredible performance however [IMO] ryzen is NOT for a new or inexperienced builder. With intel, you can purchase parts put it together and it works just fine. Ryzen needs a LOT of tuning in the bios before it works well.

Just as an example, I have two personal systems here; an intel 7600k [overclocked to 4.5gig] and a Ryzen 1700X [overclocked to 3.9gig] On single core benchmarks, the intel has a slight advantage [not surprising since it is clocked quite a bit higher] On multi core benchmarks, Ryzen blows the intel out of the water. It is like intel should not even have come to the party. On cinebench cpu test, the ryzen system doubles the score of the intel system.

Next it really depends on what you intend on doing with the system. A gaming system needs different parts than a system that is just going to be used for email and web access. In addition, you need to post you budget.
Thanks.

737Simpilot

Temporarily Banned
If you don't know how to build a computer, YouTube is a great resource. Go there and type things in like, "how to install a heat sink." Or "How to install a CPU." etc.

I had to YouTube my CPU cooler just to make sure I installed it correctly.

Next, what is your budget and what's your usage scenario?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online