1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What program made this? I am looking for a program to integrate text & graphics

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by rmay635703, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rmay635703

rmay635703 Thread Starter

What program made this? I am looking for a program to integrate text & graphics exactly as shown in this listing

http://www.ssb7.net/members/watch/enlarge.php?aid=formarty&img=29458/tinkerbell_meang_2.jpg

I am curious what program made this, it appears to automatically integrate colorfull text with hearts and stars into premade images and backgrounds.

I have been looking for something quick and easy that does this, right now I use photoshop and other image programs include word to overlay text onto images and it is time consuming and a pain.

Thanx For Any Help

2. Sponsor

3. 1101doc

1101doc

4. ferrija1

ferrija1

You would probably make the fairy thing is Photoshop or Illustrator and then the rest would be in Photoshop.

What is so time consuming with putting text on images? You just type it in and add layer styles if you want to.

5. rmay635703

I do this as a business using my poetry, customer photos or my artwork to make special gifts, generally the ones I have premade only take me 30sec. to about 5minutes depending on how much I have to do with the verbage, overlaying text in photoshop and printing DOES take an excessive amount of time and the interface is terrible.

I do have other very expensive programs that work almost instantly unfortunately they are limited to the artwork from the company that makes them and limited in the types of fonts.

Basically I need something that lets me select an image I made up, overlay text with fancy styles and colors (copied from word or works) and allow me to move the text and print rapidly.

Cheers
    Ryan

6. ferrija1

ferrija1

I still think that PS is the best for that. You can save layer styles so you just select something and have plenty of effects/styles.

Could you tell us more clearly what takes a long time/you don't like in PS?

7. rmay635703

Photoshop just takes longer and requires many more steps than other programs I have. One of my programs allows me to select the background and poem and size. I just enter the names and info and it is sized and aligned instantly. If I want to move or distort/resize the text I just grab it as a block and I can resize width or height independantly with the grabbars. It does not allow me to add my own backgrounds however.

Also...

I'm not saying photoshop can't do it, just that when dealing with 400 different poems, multicolumned text with multiple formats that needs to be in different sizes IT DOES NOT do a very accurate job without a lot of cottling, many times separate columns of text don't line up, text obviosly does not print as clearly unless I shrink or enlarge the images which are at various resolutions to be at least 300dpi. Adding additional formats borders/etc take a long time compared to a word processor.

Also photoshop is NOT a single solution, on the fly it is a real pain to print accurately in a specific area on a specific size paper and it has trouble distorting images +/- 5% automatically to fit the 8x10 / 11x14 sizes exactly without me having to do it for it (my other programs size to fit). Usually I make the image in photoshop and print it with another program to get the size/location correct without the need of extra steps.

When you are talking under a minute total time photoshop is not the ticket, it just doesn't work that way. It is good for doing very complex setups the first time but not on the fly.

Right now I make most of my artwork ahead and put the text on later as it takes much less time at the show to print just text. There are times that it would be nice to have an immediate way of doing this one thing quickly & easily without all the manual manipulations, remember 5minutes is a long time at a busy location, I loose customers if they need to wait more than a few seconds they want instant satisfaction, I'm fast enough they usually get it, but on more complex setups I do not have software to automate something that should be simple putting text on an image with accurate measured positions in any color and style, printed within the same program to the size and location I need. And yes many of the poems are long and multicolumned which is also clumbsy in photoshop.

I think this program below may be what I am looking for but it seems to be quite buggy on my couple of machines

http://www.mybooksoftware.co.uk/personalised-gifts.php

Thanx for your input but I am looking for an automated solution, the artwork I will continue to make ahead in photoshop but if it could be printed within one program without the mess in one step it would be much better

8. lister

lister

Doesn't sound very expensive, lol!

A layout program like Indesign may suit (though there is a learning curve); creating a series of templates (inc: object, character & paragraph styles) will speed things up though.

9. ferrija1

ferrija1

That's exactly what I was thinking.....

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540841