1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What should i replace, my GPU or CPU?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by blackoutfallen, Jun 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blackoutfallen

blackoutfallen Thread Starter

So i wasn't sure what this topic fell under but i was hoping i could get some help on this. So i want to start running some higher up games and i'm not sure what is bottle necking me atm. I don't wanna replace both but i do have a $200 budget or so for an upgrade. I heard from someone that my cpu isn't the best but it can still hold up. While my gpu is really outdated and not good. With my current combo i'm able to play most games on highest quality, but for newer games like the witcher 3 and so on, i can barely run it. I was gonna get the geforce gtx 960, thinking that may help my performance. Here are my specs

My specs:

AMD A8-5600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
    8192MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 4B DDR3 memory
    1 TB HDD

2. replay

replay

make/model motherboard???

apu's aren't the best when it comes to gaming...... the next up is the A10-5800k

i know some mobo's allow u to link the apu's graphic with the pci-e video cards graphics (combined)

see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFAMmTDu_H0

3. blackoutfallen

ASROCK FM2A75 Pro4-M

4. replay

replay

here is your cpu support list http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A75 Pro4-M/?cat=CPU

but like i said u might want to think before u upgrade a apu based computer for gaming

also if u buy a power hungry video card then u will most likely have to upgrade the power supply...more $$$$$

5. blackoutfallen

My power supply is around 750 wattage, is that enough to handle a high end one? And so in total your saying the APU is the issue? Any recommendations on how i should go about this?

6. replay

replay

i have a apu myself.......... BUT not a gamer

brand is a big factor with power supplies......yours?

you could sell your present computer and put the cash towards a GAMING computer (you could build it)
    or buy a decent video card and use......... then transplant it to a new system when u can afford it

7. blackoutfallen

CoolerMaster and yeah i could sell my build but i'm honestly not sure if i want to. If you were someone looking for a pc, what would you price my computer at? The computer has ripjaw ram and a cooler master cpu fan that cools it down a lot.

8. replay

replay

well keep it for now and you have the option to save up for a powerfull gamer in the future
    i would guess about $250+ for your present system

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1149830

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice