1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What size LCD do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wbwell, Nov 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wbwell

wbwell Thread Starter

I only use the computer to check email and chat. I don't play video games. Should I save money and get a 15in or go ahead and get a 17in? People who have LCD's what do you recommend? The reason Im asking this is because my friend has a 15in and I noticed the text is extremely small....so Im thinking a 17in would be better for me

2. Sponsor

3. batnip

batnip

We got an 18 inch got it for 500 dollors. we Love It. If your going to spend the money I would go BIG

4. Dr3w

Dr3w

i guess it all depends how close its gonna be to you mines a 17 inch but the only reason i spent the extra cash is cause its all the way on the back of my desk. If its gonna be right in your face bigger isnt gonna help much, not that my 17 inch is a big imporvment over a 15

5. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

i got a 23inch monitor but its not a lcd and the resolution goes up to i think 1600x1200 and its probably now under $200

6. compilerxp

compilerxp

As LCD screens get bigger, the resolution gets higher... so the image doesn't get bigger - just more dot space to make a larger desktop.

15" LCD will give you 1024x768 which is fine more most people. And cheap for $250~300. They are about the size of a 17" CRT.

Recommend: Samsung/ NEC / Mitsubishi

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/182188