1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What software can capture streaming music and save it to my PC?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by computer-aces, Jul 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. computer-aces

computer-aces Thread Starter

Simple question this time... I want to be able to capture the music on my PC that is coming from streaming music off the internet. These are .asx files. If I just right click and save, it saves a shortcut to the internet stream. I'm sure someone knows this one.

Thanks in advance!

Cory

2. computer-aces

Someone should know this one?!?!?!?!

3. Paul Nagel

Paul Nagel

4. computer-aces

The first one - Streambox Ripper - Don't really capture streams. I don't know why they name it that and why they say it does. I couldn't get it to open anything besides what was saved on my computer. The second one - Total Recorder - seemed like it was what I wanted, but I saved a file as an .mp3 and it only goes up to 56kbps and 24kHz. I'd like something with a little better quality if possible.

Thanks for the help!

Cory

5. Paul Nagel

Paul Nagel

6. computer-aces

Sesh, this is supposed to be just a simple question. Well, here's the deal with the third one... I downloaded it, unzipped it, and now it says it's not a valid Win32 application.

Maybe the third time's a charm - uh, I mean fourth.

Cory

7. Paul Nagel

Paul Nagel

I am beginning to think this just is not going to happen! There has be a way! I will keep looking.
    I just checked out Techtv.com, the tv cable show did a bit on capturing streaming audio and unfortunatly they recommend the Total Recorder that you did not like. Heres the story:
    http://www.techtv.com/audiofile/musictech/story/0,23008,3006415,00.html

[Edited by Paul Nagel on 07-24-2001 at 07:26 PM]

8. computer-aces

56kbps is not a good quality mp3 in my opinion. The stream I tried it on was 96kbps - so, I know it's not limited to the stream. There's gotta be something out there that can do this.

Cory

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/48774

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice