1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

what spam software can I use with yahoo?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Fatchik13, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fatchik13

Fatchik13 Thread Starter

I get SO many junk emails on yahoo everyday!! Does any one know of any good spam blockers I can use with yahoo? If so, what is the POP address thing about? I don't know what Yahoo's is, does any one else know? Many thanks in advance!!

Melanie

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

About the only thing you can do with Yahoo is block the domain that the email is coming from and report the email to there abuse department. You could also setup some filters to get rid of some of the junk mail.

If you pay them to have pop3 access then you could certainly put software on your computer to do a better job of filtering out the junk mail. Pop3 access allows you to download your Yahoo email to your computer.

3. Fatchik13

Fatchik13 Thread Starter

Thank you so much for the info. I have blocked enough addresses, it wont let me block any more. Think I'll just set up a new account. This was only a secondary account for me anyways, no big deal. It happen after I gave info for online surveys trying to make money, which of course never panned out :(. Again many thanks!! :)

Melanie

4. sekirt

sekirt

Since I don't block any SPAM at Yahoo, you may very well be talking about what they offer. But the terminology is different, so I am not quite sure. Do you use the Bulk Mail Folder and SpamGuard they provide?

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/spam/spam-08.html

sekirt

5. Fatchik13

Fatchik13 Thread Starter

I'm I probally don't. I will look into it now, and see if it helps with the spam. Many thanks :)

Melanie

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/145022

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice