What speed are my USB ports running at?

Lockeyp

Ean
HI Guy's I have 4 USB ports 3 on one side and one on the other, how would I be able to figure out what speed that the run at if they are usb 1,2 or 3.

Lockeyp

crjdriver

Post the exact system you are using OR the exact motherboard.
Generally [however not always] usb3 ports are blue.

Lockeyp

Ean
How would I check what motherboard that is in it?

Last edited:

crjdriver

Well, it is pretty simple. Just look at the computer. It is going to have a brand ie dell, hp, whatever AND a model# ie dell optiplex 123 or something similar. If it is a dell, it will also have a service tag# Post that as well.

Lockeyp

Ean
sony vaio model no: sve151e11m

Last edited:

crjdriver

From what I can find, you have 1 usb3 port and the others are usb2. If you look carefully at the single port, it should have a different color that the other three.

Lockeyp

Ean
It has your right I have never notices before. What would you suggest that I use that one for, now that I know that it is there.

Lockeyp

Ean
On usb's drives I have been trying to reformat a usb drive but every time I put it in a message appears find below who do I fix this so to reformat it.

Lockeyp

Attachments

crjdriver

USB3 is faster IF the device plugged into the port is usb3. If it is usb2, then it will only run at usb2 speed.
As for your pic, you can try deleting all partitions in disk management OR you can try to clean the drive from the command prompt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online