1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What SSD?!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jhannigan851, Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jhannigan851

jhannigan851 Thread Starter

Hi, im thinking of buying a new SSD or ssds, I have a 1tb currently but I have basically run out of storage.

My Questions:

1) if I was going to get another would I have to replace the one have had now or have it as well as a new one

2) If i buy a new one along with the one i have now does it have to be the same SSD or just same storage or what?

3) can someone give me some suggestions on what amount of storage is good, i use my pc for gaming, and what SSD is good for a cheap price (around 100 would be my budget)

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

No one can tell because we have no idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs and then someone could tell you
    Unless you plan on creating a raid array, they can be different size, brand, etc

Good ie what I recommend either samsung or intel for ssd. Both of those are bullet proof.

3. jhannigan851

jhannigan851 Thread Starter

where do I find my specs, I'm not sure what SSD I run currently

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Open the case and look. Nothing beats the mark 1 eyeball. Just about every part ie motherboard, video card, ram, etc will have the brand and model# either silkscreened on the part or have a label with the part#
    If this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever post the exact brand, model# and service tag#

5. replay

replay

if u have filled up a 1tb ssd....what are u storing on it???
    games
    music
    pics?????
    u can buy a cheap HDD and store all that stuff .....just drag it over (not sure about games tho)
    then u can keep the ssd lean (and fast)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1201937

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice