What SSD?!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jhannigan851

Hi, im thinking of buying a new SSD or ssds, I have a 1tb currently but I have basically run out of storage.

My Questions:

1) if I was going to get another would I have to replace the one have had now or have it as well as a new one

2) If i buy a new one along with the one i have now does it have to be the same SSD or just same storage or what?

3) can someone give me some suggestions on what amount of storage is good, i use my pc for gaming, and what SSD is good for a cheap price (around 100 would be my budget)

crjdriver

1) if I was going to get another would I have to replace the one have had now or have it as well as a new one
No one can tell because we have no idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs and then someone could tell you
If i buy a new one along with the one i have now does it have to be the same SSD or just same storage or what?
Unless you plan on creating a raid array, they can be different size, brand, etc

Good ie what I recommend either samsung or intel for ssd. Both of those are bullet proof.

crjdriver

Open the case and look. Nothing beats the mark 1 eyeball. Just about every part ie motherboard, video card, ram, etc will have the brand and model# either silkscreened on the part or have a label with the part#
If this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever post the exact brand, model# and service tag#

if u have filled up a 1tb ssd....what are u storing on it???
games
music
pics?????
u can buy a cheap HDD and store all that stuff .....just drag it over (not sure about games tho)
then u can keep the ssd lean (and fast)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online