1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What temp am i running at? 3 different readings...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by matt.choules, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. matt.choules

matt.choules Thread Starter

Hey people,

I am running:
    AMD XP Athlon 2500+
    Asus A7N8X-D
    Windows XP (Latest SP updated)
    Radeon 7000 (I know, will get a newer one soon!)
    512mb PC3700 RAM

I get no conflicts, but am finding it hard to figure out what temperature my system is running at...

Am using MBM (ver.5), and the three decent temp readings (e.g. not open circuit 126degs) are:
    Sensor 1 - Asus 1 - 35 to 38 degress centigrade
    Sensor 2 - Asus 2 (CUSL2) - 40 degrees centigrade (constant)
    Sensor 3 - W83L785TS-S - 46-48 degrees centigrade

I have tried slowing my heatsink fan down real slow and running resource draining programs to look for temp changes, but the temps stay within the ranges (above).
    Am confused!

Matt.

2. beginnertech

beginnertech

I’d haft to say one of the first two are defiantly your processor. The 3rd looks like your hard drive. Best guess is that the first is your processor since it isn’t constant. Hope it helps. Is this a screen you can access before windows startup or a program in windows (ex. hitting f2, etc). If not before startup your bios should have a diagnostic and you can mess with the fan and you should see the CPU RPM speed goes down. Then you’ll know for sure.

3. McTimson

McTimson

Hmm...it's tough to tell...I would think the first one, because CPU temps do fluctuate, but I can't really tell....either way, either one of those temps are fine, and you wouldn't have to worry about overheating with any of them.

4. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    Hello:

If it is the same MBM that I had then what you have to do is make sure you have the correct sensor selected. I found it to be a hit and miss operation if you don't know what sensors are on your board.

What I did was enter the BIOS and record the CPU and board temperatures, then boot windows and run MBM. I then selected the sensors that gave me temperatures that matched my BIOS readouts. Try that before fiddling with fan speeds.

5. abbyk

abbyk

Why not download & install speedfan for a second opinion
    http://www.almico.com/speedfan411.exe

I always had difficulty with MBM settings - speedfan worked for me straight out the box & continues to.

abbyk

6. matt.choules

Hey,

Right, i checked my temp of the CPU in the BIOS, and it said 42 deg cent...
    Now i'm in windows MBM says:
    Sensor1: 35
    Sensor2: 40
    Sensor3: 47

Guess its Sensor3 then... Damn thats 10 degrees higher than i thought it was... *Sigh*

MAtt.

7. abbyk

abbyk

47 degrees C is not too high for an athlon - whats the problem ?

have you not tried speedfan which I suggested ? Its freeware.

abbyk

8. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    Here's another good app: a replacement for Aida32. Notice my temps? :eek:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. matt.choules

Havn't used that program yet, but may give it a try... Right now i am sitting using the redial button to try and get Glastonbury tickets....

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216391

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice