What temperature is normal for CPU?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DZ007

Ah crap, the seller sent me another e-mail saying that the CPU fan should be spinning at 5400 RPM, not 2500 RPM. What the heck? how can it be spinning at 3000 RPMs less? Any suggestions on how I can get the speed back up to 5400 RPM. I think we've finally found the biggest problem concerning this CPU's heatup. :)

Thanks for your help everyone!

Originally posted by compilerxp:
That's kind fast... and loud.

Mine spins at 2700 RPM - But its an 80mm fan.
On your cpu you have a fan that big?

I used to have an 80mm on my CPU as well. I have a CoolerMaster Blower fan on it now.

I can only think of a couple things that might make it run slower than it should.

1. It's not getting enough power.
2. It's going out & won't be with us much longer. :(
3. The fan and/or heatsink are really dirty.

DZ007

Well, here's the pics, the first one I put the Gamma up, that's why it looks crapy. :)

Attachments

DZ007

Well, that's about it, if you want more pics just say the word :) . This is genuine Intel stuff, and it's brand new, so why the heck is it slowing down? I checked everything, it's clean as new. Arrgh, so annoying, why can't it go up to 5000?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online