Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What the reality???

989 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  lunarlander 
#1 ·
Hello,

Are viruses something that are generally accepted? I realise some or maybe most are due to circumstance but what about in the case of a deliberate act?

#3 ·
Im not to sure they should be coming via a network provider.....oh and in a support forum as well. How do I know?? It destroyed my browser moments after posting a comment on the forum and has gone made a mess of 3 other devices. Do you think who ever wants to show some ethics in resolving this matter a good starting point???

#6 ·
I'd say 99% of it is common sense. I've never been infected, but my wife did try to d/l something that whacked her computer about a decade or so ago.

#7 ·
It's more like where you should not go.

I stay away from Facebook and any sharing like that. Google + etc.
Stay away from sex sites.
Don't just download software from any web site.
Do a custom install on your installs.

Stop and think.

For me I would stop using IE and bet your be safer. I use IE for MS Updates only.

#8 ·
Was the comment critical of the internet provider, in the internet provider's own forum?

Then again, it could just be coincidence that the attack occurred at that moment.

Has your antivirus program detected the virus and was it quarantined? If not, you will want to post a message in the malware removal sub-forum. Malware experts are there to help get rid of viruses and malware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.