what to buy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tamilynn63

I have my graphics programs and artwork scattered all over my home PC. I know there is a nice piece of hardware I can buy to zip up my home PC and zip it into another one at my parents house so I can work there when I am visiting. :rolleyes: I fear I am falling behind with the available products on the market today. Please let me know what I should buy.
Running XP home
Thanks!

You need an external hard drive or similar storage, maybe even a USB flash drive. Go here http://www.flash-memory-store.com/40himousbhad.html to see an external drive, and here http://www.flash-memory-store.com/1gb-usb-flash-pen-drives.html to see flash keys.

Of course, you can get them cheaper than here I guess. These were just ones I Googled to give you an idea.

[EDIT] Should have given you more info. What you would do, is keep all your working data on the external drive/usb key, then use it on whichever computer you are working on at the time, resaving all your new work on it too.

Scorp.

tamilynn63

Thank you CS.Scorpion!!

Just have a birthday or you like scorpions? lots of them where I live!

Lol...not long had a birthday...early November.

Read my edit in my first post above.

Scorp.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online