TheBlackLion

My specs:

MB: Asus h110m-k d3

CPU: i5 6600k

GPU: AMD rx 580 8gb

RAM: 2x4gb ddr3 1660mhz

Monitor: Benq xl2411p 144hz

PSU: Seasonic GM650 650W

I get in ffa deathmatch average 120 fps (90 - 150 low - high). On faceit, I get a little bit more cuz it's 5v5 not 10v10, but it can get lower than 100fps in certain situations for example: im on ct side train playing from A site, 3 smokes 2 mollys and flashes pop and 5 t's rush A site. I start getting 90 fps, the game is not smooth anymore for like 5-6 seconds while they are rushing. I don't like that.

Temperatures for cpu and gpu are normal, Ping is normal always.

I use in lauch options: -novid -refresh 144 -nod3d9ex1 -tickrate 128 -threads 4 -high +fps_max 0 +cl_showfps 1 +cl_interp 0 +cl_interp_ratio 1 +cl_updaterate 128 +cl_cmdrate 128 +mat_queue_mode 2 +cl_forcepreload 1 -nojoy. THIS gave me like 20-30 fps, before it was even worse.

Before the rx580 I had 1050ti, literally same thing, did not have to buy the rx580.

CSGO is set on high priority, and in control panel, the power plan is set on high performance. In task manager CPU is on 64%-72% utilization and GPU is constantly on 50%-51%.

Doesnt sound like an FPS problem, unless you're getting tearing somewhere (and even then it wouldnt cause slowdown like that)
More likely its lag- when a lot happens and theres a lot more data to transfer, the server side will slow down for a short while, which means info isnt getting to your computer.

TheBlackLion

Doesnt sound like an FPS problem, unless you're getting tearing somewhere (and even then it wouldnt cause slowdown like that)
More likely its lag- when a lot happens and theres a lot more data to transfer, the server side will slow down for a short while, which means info isnt getting to your computer.
In deathmatches when there are 10 people in a server my fps is good (the game feels smooth), add 10 more players and the fps starts to drop, then the 5 min later the game mode changes and potentialy the fps gets even lower (90-120).
Also today and yesterday I have experienced stutters in deathmatches and tears. I can see the two frames cutting each other off on certain places on the screen. This problem occures for like 10 min and then it's gone, then it comes back again, so weird.

TheBlackLion

With the 1050Ti did you have this issue? It sounds more like the RX580 is the cause. Do you have the latest driver installed for the RX580? If you switch back to the 1050Ti do you have the same problem.
I have the latest driver, the fps is the same with 1050ti and rx580, I got the rx580 for 2 months now. The game is at an all time low with fps right now, I reinstalled windows 10 like 3 days ago, but I installed all the drivers and windows is updated. Played deathmatch today, it started with 100-150 fps and then went to 70-100 fps at certain times. Unbelievable!

Last edited by a moderator:
Still sounds like server lag. the more people in the game, the more info the server has to collect, and if there are a couple of slow responders it can cause it.
Onlt easy way to check is ask and see fi anyone else is getting lag- if there are a few yes responses, then theres the culprit.

TheBlackLion

Still sounds like server lag. the more people in the game, the more info the server has to collect, and if there are a couple of slow responders it can cause it.
Onlt easy way to check is ask and see fi anyone else is getting lag- if there are a few yes responses, then theres the culprit.
ALready checked it, people say they have good fps whenever they play in the same server as me.

TheBlackLion

Ok, can you explain me this then, I get 80-120 fps playing with bots in aim_botz custom map 0ms ping.

Ok, can you explain me this then, I get 80-120 fps playing with bots in aim_botz custom map 0ms ping.
Simple....your playing with bots....not actual people....so the game map is not so intensive. My son has the same problem with Fortnite.

It's a combination of things; older hardware....ie CPU/Mobo, low end GPU and as mentioned sever lag then just having the minimum of RAM 8 GB.

As I see it your biggest bottleneck is your CPU. You can upgrade it to a i7 7700K which is 4 cores and 4 threads (so 8 cores) at 4.2ghz and still pretty expensive ($400). Then upgrade your GPU to a Nvidia based GPU either a GTX 1660Ti or RTX 2060 ($250 - $500). Then add another 8 GB of RAM, exact same kit as you have now.

Or....just go new all the way around....a new build with all modern and up to date hardware. I would suggest a AMD build with the new/latest Ryzen Series 3 CPU. A new mobo/CPU/RAM/GPU.....which would be a few hundred more over the upgrade but well worth it.

Either way is fine just depends on your budget. Until that time your still going to experience your issue.

TheBlackLion

Simple....your playing with bots....not actual people....so the game map is not so intensive. My son has the same problem with Fortnite.

It's a combination of things; older hardware....ie CPU/Mobo, low end GPU and as mentioned sever lag then just having the minimum of RAM 8 GB.

As I see it your biggest bottleneck is your CPU. You can upgrade it to a i7 7700K which is 4 cores and 4 threads (so 8 cores) at 4.2ghz and still pretty expensive ($400). Then upgrade your GPU to a Nvidia based GPU either a GTX 1660Ti or RTX 2060 ($250 - $500). Then add another 8 GB of RAM, exact same kit as you have now.

Or....just go new all the way around....a new build with all modern and up to date hardware. I would suggest a AMD build with the new/latest Ryzen Series 3 CPU. A new mobo/CPU/RAM/GPU.....which would be a few hundred more over the upgrade but well worth it.

Either way is fine just depends on your budget. Until that time your still going to experience your issue.
Let's say im going for a new AMD build, which ryzen 3 should I go for, and which graphics card? Should't the rx 580 8gb be enough, and would a cheap motherboard be ok with it like A320M?

Last edited:

TheBlackLion

My budget is pretty thin though, im trying to keep the cost as low as possible, for example I can't give 170 dollars for a motherboard, I currently have a 70 dollar MB that I bought 4 years ago.

The 2060 is 3 times more expensive than the rx580 that is ridiculous for me.
Also wouldn't the rx580 be enough cuz I got it new for 2 months now?

I don't wanna ask too much of you but could you make the main parts go up to 500-600 dollars?

Last edited:
Go with this:
mobo: https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-b550-gaming-x/p/N82E16813145212
CPU: https://www.newegg.com/amd-ryzen-5-3600/p/N82E16819113569
RAM: https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232852
Then use the Wraith CPU cooler that comes with the CPU. Then keep your RX 580 GPU and your PSU and case. Which you do not say what kind you have.

That keeps you under $500 which should be enough for tax and shipping.

Again....just my suggestions. Pleas feel free to look at others.

TheBlackLion

Go with this:
mobo: https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-b550-gaming-x/p/N82E16813145212
CPU: https://www.newegg.com/amd-ryzen-5-3600/p/N82E16819113569
RAM: https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232852
Then use the Wraith CPU cooler that comes with the CPU. Then keep your RX 580 GPU and your PSU and case. Which you do not say what kind you have.

That keeps you under $500 which should be enough for tax and shipping.

Again....just my suggestions. Pleas feel free to look at others.
I have some MS case I don't know the exact name, I had to cut of a piece of metal to fit my gpu, case is not that big.

This is going to be a problem, the ryzen 5 is 170dollars but in Serbia it's 28000 dinars which is around 280 dollars.

Also does it matter for me to have an expensive MB, should't a cheap one do the trick? And yes 190 dollars for a MB is expensive for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online