1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What to study?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Teck, Jan 16, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. Teck

Teck Thread Starter

I was thinking about doing some study at Tafe. It's like a uni but no high school score is needed. (OP) I'm not sure what to study or if Tafe is even for me..

I was thinking about doing a M$ cert - A company told me it's a good idea but I'm not sure..

hmmm

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi,
    If I could start again I'd train to be a carpenter or joiner or electician or painter/decorator! Not what most people set out to do I know but....
    If as a skilled tradesperson you do a good job , on time, on budget you'll not want for work. The tradespeople in my village don't need to advertise but are ALWAYS fully booked.
    Without being rude, loads of people want to study "media" or IT. But who are they going to go to to get work done around their apartment/house. Also when their carreers take off they won't have the time so they will need skilled, reliable and honest tradespeople. In the UK at the new terminal for Heathrow Airport - electricians are paid at least £50,000 a year ($98,000).
    A strange suggestion from me I'm sure but it's something I wish I'd done.

Richard

3. 1002richards

Hi,
    Have you reached any decisions yet?

Richard

4. Teck

Teck Thread Starter

Yes, I'm going to read books, do well at school and go to uni..

5. 1002richards

Teck,
    Thanks and enjoy ....

Richard

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    James
    Most companies would hire a person with an MCSA / MCSE if you are looking to go into the I.T / Networking side.

There are Microsoft Office Professional certification (MOP, maybe MOS now), though I don't know many people with that and got a good job.

I would also suggest at least try for the MCSA, as most if not all of the exams will go towards the MCSE.

Question is, where do you want to go today?

;)

Not sure what Tafe is, but I enrolled into a technical school, which actually gives you hands-on training. I will be finishing with a Bacholer's degree in May. Maybe something to consider too.

7. cnelson04

cnelson04

What school exactly did you go to? I'm thinking along the lines of the computer world also. (but i'm only 17)

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    James
    Me? I think we've talked about this before... if not, I went to ECPI Technical College (http://www.ecpitech.edu). They serve Richmond and Virginia Beach in VA. I think they have a campus in SC.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535911

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice