Solved What type of cables are these?

Aristo

I am helping my neighbor in the sale of some of his technical equipment.
Where cables are involved, the exact type of cable is often printed on the cable itself, and all is known about it.
Here are some that do not have this definition.

He really enjoys selling these, and I help him post these for sale as he doesn't have a computer nor a smart phone.
(While these are probably not valuable, someone may need these.)

Here are 3 types of cables that are probably coaxial cables.
However, the tips of each differ and the thickness of the cables differs as well.
Perhaps there is a breakdown of the type of coaxial cable?
For their lengths, the cables with the yellow and blue tips are each 5'.
The gray cable with the dual attachment is 3', including the 7" dual attachment.

Do you know specifically what these cables are? Thank you for your help with this!

IMG_2719.jpegIMG_2720.jpegIMG_2721.jpegIMG_2722.jpegIMG_2723.jpegIMG_2724.jpeg

The first ones look like the RCA connectors of yesteryear. The last one looks like headphones, or speakers maybe? What thickness is the pin?

Couriant

James
I agree. I think the first one is for converting audio to left/right (like the Red/White). The yellow is for Video. The last one it looks like 3.5mm audio jack. Perhaps they had some kind sound system that used these cables.

Honestly you can use yellow cable on red sockets as long as both ends are in the red sockets. There is no difference between the red/white/yellow cables as long they are connected correctly.

Aristo

I agree. I think the first one is for converting audio to left/right (like the Red/White). The yellow is for Video. The last one it looks like 3.5mm audio jack. Perhaps they had some kind sound system that used these cables.

Honestly you can use yellow cable on red sockets as long as both ends are in the red sockets. There is no difference between the red/white/yellow cables as long they are connected correctly.

Thank you for your reply; I really appreciate this.

Drabdr

Brad
Gray cables in the first photo: RCA type connectors. General use for audio type setups. There is an adapter to go from two inputs (or outputs; stereo) to one input/output: monaural.

The yellow cable is for video.

The blue cable I believe was typically used on computers for external sound speakers.

Just to add
My guess they had a video recorder/ dvd player (vcr) and the cables were used to connect it to the tv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online