1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What Video Card ...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dmitrip3968, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dmitrip3968

dmitrip3968 Thread Starter

I was just wondering what video card that has dual-monitor capabilities would be best under $100. I have looked at many of them, but cannot decide which one is the best. Doesn't matter what manufacturer it is. Thanks.

2. cwby74

cwby74

you could probably start with something like a geforce 6200 on up or start with a ati radion 9550 both are agp and run around about 60 dollars both have dvi and svideo out capabilities

3. dmitrip3968

So, any video card that has two inputs (either two DVI ports, two analog ports, or both) can be used for the dual monitor feature, right?

4. D0C_Hol1d@y

[email protected]

Yes usually. But they are not inputs they are outputs.

5. dmitrip3968

But how can you be sure that you can hook up two monitors to a video card with two outputs? Can you show me some examples, and preferibly PCI-Express video cards?

6. D0C_Hol1d@y

[email protected]

It's simple to prove look this up on google if you don't believe me.

Type in multiple monitor set ups. I once watched this nerd hook up a wall of video monitors to play flight sim. It explains everything with graphics. Try this

There a million and one web sites from pretty creditable sites. to back it up. Just use google and type in "dual monitor set up" Do notice the 6600 card they have listed no where near top of the line.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538963

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice