1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What wakes you up?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by burntreality, Apr 26, 2010.

Advertisement
  1. burntreality

burntreality Thread Starter

What wakes you up in the morning? Are you one of the millions of people hooked on caffeine? If so do you prefer energy drinks or coffee? Are you one of those weird people who is a "morning person"? Does the sunshine peaking through the window motivate you to get up?

I unfortunately am not a morning person at all :-(
    It takes a 113db alarm clock combined with my phone alarm clock just to get me out of bed. Then once I finally make it out of bed I find I require a great deal of caffeine to jump start me.

Anyway was just curious.

2. hannab

hannab

I don't necessarily consider myself a morning person, but I am fortunate that I don't have to get up until 7:00 and most of the year that means the sun is up - so I never have to use an alarm - I wake up naturally - which is good, because I HATE that "beep, beep, beep".

I like to have some coffee in the morning - but don't need it, the brain is working and planning before I even get out of bed.

3. Callum_Dawson

Callum_Dawson

I goto high school so my alarm wakes me up (monday until friday), so that initially wake me up, but then having a shower really wakes me up.

4. Jones

Jones

Necessities for feeling good in the morning:

#1 = coffee

#2 = shower

#3 = looking at the clock, saying 'screw it' and rolling back over for more sleep

5. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

I'm definitely not a mourning person ... unfortunately for me my work day frequently starts at 6am, this means me setting my alarm for 4am just so I can be functioning enough to drag my *** out of bed by 5am. Yes I actually lay in bed for an hour or more trying to become cognizant. I hate the "beep beep" of my alarm but the radio won't wake me ..... of course the most important part of the mourning ritual is the stop at Tims (no double double for me .. Lg 1x1 is whats needed).

edit, for those that missed it I spelled moUrning with a U on purpose. I believe every morning should be mourned as they bring an end to that blissful state between sleep and wake ... I state I would happily spend an eternity in.

6. Bernardo

Bernardo

I always thought that when I no longer HAD to set an alarm, get out of bed and actually BE SOMEWHERE on time, that I would sleep in until 8, 9, etc. BUT, I find myself waking up at the same time as I did when I had to go to work :eek: meaning I'm pretty much wide awake at 6 a.m. --- sometimes earlier.

7. maceman

maceman

I wake up pretty early. I don't use any alarm clocks right now. I work at home and I start working, when I feel like it. But I still need coffee, best days over 10 mugs :D

8. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Coffee and a ciggy

9. burntreality

I envy all you people that wake up without an alarm clock. I had to get the biggest baddest alarm clock I could find just so I made sure I hear it in the mornings.

10. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Use your internal one
    tell yourself to wake
    it works lol

11. burntreality

Yeah I don't see that working so well. LoL

12. Bernardo

Bernardo

Some days, I wish mine didn't either :p :p Cold days, especially :eek: Something about cold days and staying under the blankie dreaming...............

13. burntreality

In fact I rely so much on my alarm clock that I have become fluent in Alarm Clock Math. If I set my alarm clock for 6:30 I know that I can hit my snooze button 3 more times before I actually have to get up.
    Sad I know, but hey it works for me.......

14. Bernardo

Bernardo

I hear you. Now, in my school days :eek: THAT recipe worked very well for me :D

Another idea for you....get a dog :eek: or even a cat!!!! THEY ARE an alarm clock :p

15. paisanol69

paisanol69

...between 4 and 4:30 every morning, and have never used/needed a alarm clock. Right now, the blackbirds are singing so much, that if for some reason I should want to sleep in, they would sure put a stop to that. They are always singing by 4:45, without fail, telling all the rest of the blackbirds that this is THEIR territory. Only problem is..theres about 10 of em, all wanting the same territory around here.:D
    But I do love to start my first cup of joe, and stand out in the garden, and listen to them. Something special about the quietness, just me and the birds, everyone else asleep. Love the mornings , espically this time of year!(y)

In another 3 weeks or so, the 2 older returning momma hedgehogs will be sneaking in the garden with however many babies they have had, looking for the food I always put out for them, and then the fun starts, cause I will have to carefully catch all of them, and check them for fleas/ticks, and any other health problems. Once that is done, I can just leave them alone for the rest of the summer, and will only have to check them in the fall, just before they go back into hibernation.

Oh....one more thing, the wife get up around 6:30, and if for some reason I'm sick or so, the 2 cats will absolutely NOT allow me to stay in bed past 6:30, cause its time for their breakfast!!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919349

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice